Sunday, August 19, 2007

Interesting "Events"

The following events may not make sense, but I never want to forget them.

#1---Lately, we have experienced some interesting little things that have boggled our minds. My husband noticed, about a month ago, that when worship music is played in the car, the lights turn on. Our lights are not automatic lights. You have to turn a little button to make the lights come on. Over the past week, I forgot to bring my worship CD's in the car, so I had scanned radio stations looking for some good music. I stopped on one station that plays a mix of Christian music. I listened to several really good Christian songs and, finally, a worship song came on, and the button moved so that the lights came on! I kinda laughed, but didn't know what to think. This happened to me about four times last week.

#2---Today, my husband was a guest speaker at Po'okela Church. He decided to leave his wallet and cell phones hidden in the car, so he rolled up all of the windows and locked the doors (the windows are electric, so they only work when the car is on). During service, he prayed that God would "open the windows of Heaven." It began to rain outside. When my husband came back to the car after church was over, he found that ALL of the windows were rolled down. The car was wet on the outside from the rain, yet the inside remained dry. Hmmm. Interesting.

#3---Last week, I had been teaching my children about the following verses:

Psalm 91
1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

I asked my children to remember how the mother hen that lived in our yard kept her chicks safely protected under her wings. We discussed how God will cover us with His feathers (verse 4) and what it means to dwell in the secret place of the Most High. One night, we prayed as a family that God would cover us with His wings, that our home would be a refuge and shelter, and that He would place His angels all around our home, inside and out!

Here's the interesting part: all week long, I have found little feathers in my house. I have swept numerous times and vacuumed. After the fourth day of waking up to find feathers in my living room, kitchen, hallway, and bedroom, it finally dawned on me that it was a reminder of what we had asked for. I do not know if these feathers are blowing into the house from somewhere (I have found no evidence of birds in the house....okay, other than feathers) or if God is actually leaving these feathers in our home. All I do know is that He is reminding us about His covering and His faithfulness to be with us.
UPDATE: 8/20/07---TODAY WHILE SCUBA DIVING AND FILMING AT MOLOKINI CRATER, A BIG, WHITE FEATHER FLOATED IN FRONT OF MY HUSBAND'S VIDEO CAMERA. HE WAS 20 FEET DOWN. I ALWAYS ASK THE LORD TO SURROUND HIM WITH ANGELS WHILE HE DIVES. ISN'T THAT WILD?! I JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO. IT'S REALLY COOL.

No comments: